Thursday 16 February 2012

Insomniac?!

No, I just was so tired earlier that I slept for about 5-6 hours on the sofa & am now wide awake at 1:46am!!! What better thing to do to help send me back to sleep than blog???


What to blog about though?! Well I suppose a little recap of the past few days might be a good start... It's been fairly busy all in all, what with half-tem, sickness, trips out, birthdays & everything else in between!


Saturday was a double surprise whammy of celebrations, we set off for Sharp Seniors Place with cake & cupcakes in arms ready to surprise Duncan's little brother Stuart for his 40th birthday but little did Duncan's parents know we were also surprising them for their 65th birthdays & retirements, when the whole family had arrived we surprised them with a trip of a lifetime that we'd all clubbed together to get them - it was a lovely day except it was the start of almost 4 days of sickness for little Anneliese.


Anneliese was sick from after lunch on Saturday until Tuesday morning, which has been quite worrying as nothing was staying down & she was so lethargic, sleeping lots & generally not herself at all (fortunately she is better now & starting to eat small portions again). She did miss our day out on Tuesday though, but she got to spend the day with Nanny instead.


Tuesday, Valentine's Day we had a lovely day trip to London we took the kiddies to McDonald's (their choice) before heading on the tube to Olympia for the Doctor Who Experience... We've been before but that was almost 5 years ago when it was in Earls Court! I must say what a transformation from the previous experience & the interactive walk through was amazing with 3D Daleks, Cybermen & Weeping Angels attacking from all angles it was great! I suppose I should point out that at the exhibition, we met up with my bestie Jason & Claire so it was almost a double date apart from the kiddies! We went on to the London Sealife Aquarium after (again, we've been but not for a fair few years so lots of improvements) thankfully no queuing as our trusty Merlin passes got us straight in, it was very busy though but good none the less & I have a good selection of pictures on my camera from both places!


So what did I do today Wednesday?? Well I had a couple of cakes to decorate (can't divulge any information on these though yet) which took up most of the day, but I must say I am suitably pleased with myself again & really hope the two recipients will be pleased with the outcome too?! I can't wait to see their faces & the camera is already on charge to capture the moments.


I have a fairly stress free day tomorrow (Thursday, or today depending on if you're being pedantic or not)... The older two children will be at youth group from 1pm-6pm so will find something nice to do with Anneliese as she has been poorly the rest of the time & missed out on all the fun, maybe a trip to Costa is in order with her?! But I am looking forward to some karaoke at the Kings with my hubby, just got to sort out the babysitter problem & it's a good un!


Bit of a mixed bag blog today, but hopefully it's kept you amuses for a few minutes rather than sent you to sleep (which is what I should be doing at 02:14am, lol!)?! Right I think I will go to the bathroom & try to sleep now...

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, bestie, can't wait to see the cake! Roll on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spent a wonderful hour reading all your blogs and i have to say, i should have read them a long time ago. Gave me a real insight into your passion and devotion to your life. Thank you for being you, you are amazingly wonderful, warm sincere and loving person. I love you x

    ReplyDelete