Tuesday 26 July 2011

Loving Torchwood... but OMG, Just seen the new Dr Who trailer!

This is the closest blue to Tardis blue that I can get, so I hope this will do for this blog?!


So a brief description of what the new Torchwood is all about: One day, nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep ageing -- they get hurt and sick -- but they never die. The result: a population boom, overnight.


With all the extra people, resources are finite. It’s said that in four month's time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can’t be a natural event – someone’s got to be behind it. It’s a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking “What is Torchwood?", he’s drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.


Now what can I say???  Captain Jack is back & as amazing as ever, we have only had the first two episodes of the four part series shown & all I can say is WOW!!!  Miracle Day, The New World (ep 1) was epic, but I was quite happy to wait for episode two the following week... however, Miracle Day, Rendition (ep 2) left me wanting the next episode on straight away!!!  It was fantastic & kept me on the edge of my seat, it was action packed & pure class.  Miracle Day, Dead of Night is this weeks episode (ep 3) but I will not get to watch it till I get in the early hours of Friday morning as I will be starting my birthday celebrations an evening early & going to karaoke down at The Kings, rest assured though watching Torchwood at 12.30am is going to be the best birthday present ever... if only Captain Jack was to knock at more door, that would top it!!!  I could cheat & watch this episode online through the Starz website as this episode is due to air in America before it airs here, but that would only make the wait for next weeks final episode Miracle Day, Escape to LA (ep 4) even longer!


Now, after Torchwood finishes what is a Torchwood/Dr Who freak like me to do???  I will no doubt keep watching the DVD's & episodes we have on the hard-drives till the final few episodes of Dr Who series 6 come on air... I must say I am a little excited though, as have just seen the full trailer on the BBC website (I've put the trailer below, hopefully).


We have episodes 8-13 still to come, with the first of these episodes being called: Let's Kill Hitler (ep 8), now according to Wikipedia this is to be aired Saturday 27th August - if this is the case: YAY!!!  Also according to Wikipedia the next few episodes are called: Night Terrors (ep 9), The Girl Who Waited (ep 10) & The God Complex (ep 11)... I am a little disappointed at Wikipedia though, as it has no information on episodes 12 & 13.  Now yes if the information is wrong I'll be a little peeved to say the least, but for the moment I am in my happy little bubble as it all sounds so good =)


Here's a link to the trailer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00jb05r 


Isn't it just amazing??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment